Scott Whelpley understands our needs because he shares our values and vision for the City of Mukilteo.
We’re making progress but we must continue to insist on an efficient and fully funded transportation system that includes and expands light rail to Paine Field.
When we help small businesses grow and prosper we’re protecting and creating family wage jobs in this community.
Raised by a single Hispanic mother, Scott is the oldest of three children. An Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, Scott was deployed five times after 9/11. He earned his Bachelors Degree in Social Psychology from Chico State University and a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of Washington.
Scott’s commitment to our community:
– Strongly support a balanced budget, utilizing fiscally disciplined spending processes
– Defending our community against any intrusive commercial air traffic at Paine Field that adversely impacts our quality of life;
– Expanding current local businesses and encouraging development of new businesses that can bring higher standards of living and economic vitality;
– Enhancing our public safety: roads/sidewalks/pedestrian/bicycles/Police/Fire;
– Promote responsible development of our waterfront based on your input